Hair!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hair!

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:18 pm

I am a natural brunette. My hair is a pretty dark brown naturally, but my hair hasn't been its natural color in quite some time. It's pretty close, but right now it's still a tad lighter than what it's supposed to be.

I had a really HORRIBLE hair cutting incident back in 2008. My hair was right at my boobs, and I asked for a TRIM. Yeah, my hair was cut up to my EARS. I cried. (it actually ended up looking really decent after I went to someone else to get it truly fixed)

Since then my hair has grown so slowly. It has been two years, and my hair barely touches my shoulders. The shortest layer is still right at ear length. Granted, my hair looks nice. It does. I always get compliments on my hair. Very soft, very manageable. I have great hair.

But... I get so tired of the same appearance. Hence all the cutting of the hair and dying.

I refuse to cut it until the shortest layer touches my shoulder (although, I feel I will soon give in), so I decided to dye it.

Tonight... I am bleaching it blonde!

It's a VERY interesting look for me... considering I have such dark natural hair. Black eyebrows and lashes, blah, blah, blah.

After a few days of the settling in... I'm dying it fuchsia (pink).

Wish me lucccckkk!

Back to top Go down

Re: Hair!

Post by Steph on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:36 pm

Fun stuff. geek

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart..." Isaiah 40:11
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:17 am

be wanting to see this!!! sounds fab!!
(im going to have mine cut and im going to die it on monday!)
xxx
Lizzie
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:42 pm

Okay. Due to eye issues I stopped wearing make-up for about a month, so these pictures are NOT flattering, but here's some befores:

DURING

AFTER

And... I decided to wear make-up. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:51 pm

aww looks great!!!!!!!!
Lizzie
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by GodsBabyGirl on Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Pretty, pretty, pretty!! Smile
GodsBabyGirl
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:26 pm

Thank ya'll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauitful Disgrace on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Im really liking it!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:00 pm

Beauitful Disgrace wrote:Im really liking it!!!

ME TOOOO!

I only did it blonde so I could do the fuchsia. Since my hair is so dark, no color sticks to it when I dye it, so I have to bleach it first. But, I'm considering keeping the blonde for a short while!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:01 pm

I like how you have it pulled back, it's pretty. Brightens up your face. Very Happy

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart..." Isaiah 40:11
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Steph wrote:I like how you have it pulled back, it's pretty. Brightens up your face. Very Happy

Thanks!

Everyone tells me I look better with my hair up than down. But since my hair is 2342398473298 different lengths, it makes it hard to wear it all up, hence the barrettes pulling it back.

I have my mom's cheekbones. My mom is 25% Cherokee Indian, my dad is also 25% Cherokee.

I guess it suits me.

I think I am the most modest person in the world. Hahaha!

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaBrooke on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Weird... My mother said that going from brunette to blonde turned your hair an orangish color.. Well, it's not the first time she's lied to change my mind.

JessicaBrooke
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gods.Daughter.1990 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:32 pm

it looks really pretty.. I love it..
I miss being blonde sometimes, but i guess thats cause i am naturally a ash blonde.. But yeh.. thinking of doing blonde and black soon Smile
Gods.Daughter.1990
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaBrooke on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:00 pm

I want to die myhair purple, but my mother is for natural colors, and not blonde or black either.
I'm talking the plain Jane ones.
Cuz she thinks all the "emo kids" have black or blonde hair, if not brightly colored hair.
My mother is also against peircings, ohjoyy!
Is the whole,"brown to blonde=orange" thing true? Lol.

JessicaBrooke
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:20 pm

JessicaBrooke wrote:I want to die myhair purple, but my mother is for natural colors, and not blonde or black either.
I'm talking the plain Jane ones.
Cuz she thinks all the "emo kids" have black or blonde hair, if not brightly colored hair.
My mother is also against peircings, ohjoyy!
Is the whole,"brown to blonde=orange" thing true? Lol.

Your mom is actually right, from my experience anyway.

Every time I've bleached my hair (three times), it has turned an orange-ish blonde. So, what I always do is... I bleach it, wait about a week, and then I buy normal blonde hair dye, and dye it over that, and it usually changes to a natural shade after that. But, if you're going to bleach it for purple hair, don't even fret over the slight orange-ish tint; it won't affect the purple. I've done my hair blue, pink, and bright red. It works fine after bleaching it.

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleighJoy on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:56 pm

I hope to be dying all the blonde in my hair pink this week for breast cancer!
AshleighJoy
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaBrooke on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:18 am

My mother would pass out if i dyed my hair pink.
She'd probably shave it, or buy that Color oops stuff and wash it out, then ground me.

I want to dye it black, and it doesn't make me feel any better that all my friends get the freedom to dye it and color, black or blue, purple or blonde.. And my friends have piercings because their mothers LET THEM
, and actually WANTED them to get it done!

I can't even walk into hot topic with my mother dude.
She's like,"let's get out of here, these people freak me out."
She's very judgmental, she just now cooled down about me liking black guys. She's always been all,"don't date outside your race!"

She let's me dye my hair, like brown and red, or brown with highlights... I got it frosted one time..
Back when she was less crazy&&strict, she let me get blue streaks in it, but they didn't show up cuz my hair was so dark brown.

JessicaBrooke
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm sorry. Crying or Very sad

But, you are 13. You have a lot of life ahead of you to do what you want with your appearance and stuff. So, only 5 more years and you'll be 18 and be able to do whatever you please with your hair and piercings.

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaBrooke on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:56 pm

Not really.
Cuz then I'll have to look professional for jobs.
And my moms talking like if she ever sees me with piercings or wacky hair colors, she'll rip out the piercing and shave the hair.

JessicaBrooke
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:49 pm

A lot of places are more open with piercings and tattoos and stuff nowadays. There are a lot of places that you can have piercings and tattoos showing and it not be a problem, and even hair color.

Sure, when I am looking for an actual career it may be harder. But, I think more people would stare at my scars before my tattoos, so I'd probably cover my arms up anyway, hiding the tattoos on my wrist.

So, tattoos in places you can cover up. Piercings where you can take them out or wear plugs. It's not that bad. Unless you get dermals. Dermals would be an issue if they were in a place you couldn't hide (my friend has two dermals on her face, under her eye).

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaBrooke on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:23 am

I guess you're right, I could just take out the piercings if I ever get them, and if a tattoo is visible, you can always cover it with makeup.

JessicaBrooke
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top