saw God's protection tonight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

saw God's protection tonight

Post by cassandra on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:18 am

ok, so every night me and my work best friend work together at night, we always have girl-talk time, where we talk about anything and everything, from work frustrations to family/friends to life in general. well tonight i was working, but she wasn't, but she came down anyway b/c she needed to talk to the shift manager about what the store manager did last night. well, so we usually have our girl-talk time outside next to our cars. its just a habit/tradition we've formed. anyway, tonight during girl-talk, she was in the passenger seat of her car organizing her glove compartment and i was standing outside her car and we were just talking. next thing we know we see a couple guys walking across the street. not a big deal since a neighborhood(not exactly a good one) is right behind BK and people walk to and from the gas station all the time. well these 2guys recognized our shift manager, who was out on the back patio smoking, and they talked a little but not much. then jessica says "is that russel?" and i say that i think it is. he comes over to us, and we see very clearly that it is russel(a guy who used to work for BK up til about a year ago when he came into work late drunk. but thats not why he was fired, he was fired b/c he threatened to kill me.) when i saw him, i just got down on the ground next to jessica and we were just talking about him but trying to do it subtly. and he recognized both of us, and wouldn't take his eyes off me in particular. and i think i know why b/c i didn't hear the guy he was with, but jessica did since they were closer to her and he said to russel something like "come on, let's go. you're not getting anywhere here." and russel just said ok and then asked us if we'd give him a ride home. we may be stronger than we look, but i'm sorry, we're not giving a very drunk guy a ride home. especially when he barely knows where he is. well, as soon as they began to walk away, she looked at me and said get in my car, we're leaving. and we just drove around the city and until we figured he'd have to be gone, when we saw him with a group of people on our way back to BK, we drove past and then turned around somewhere. we were keeping our eyes open for him, and when we didn't see him anywhere, on our way past BK, we looked to see if drive-thru had a car, and when we saw it didn't, i called BK and asked the shift manager if he knew where russel was and when he said he didn't that he thought he was leaving, i told him what russel had wanted and then told him we'd be back for my car when we were sure he was gone. when we were gone about 20min. we figured he should be gone by now, and when he still wasn't, we came up with a plan, we were going to go my car and she was going to have her car just so so that if he or anyone else came, she could hit them. she even said that she doesn't like doing that, but we had to protect ourselves. he then had his 2girls and his girlfriend with him. where they came from, we don't know. and he asked jessica to give them a ride home. he said he didn't need a ride, just one for his girls. she called me only about an hour ago to tell me that his girlfriend was messed up on something to the point that she didn't even know she was in a car and had no idea where she was going. apparently she had needed help getting in the car. i didn't notice that, i was too busy keeping my eyes on russel. during this entire time, i was literally praying "God, just keep us safe." and He did it. He kept us safe. we're both fine. however, we've now decided that when we have our girl-talk time, if its when either the assistant manager or shift manager are on, we're gonna have it inside, and if its when store manager is on, then we're going to have it on the back patio outside, b/c at least that way we can quickly run inside if we need to.
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Re: saw God's protection tonight

Post by Steph on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:06 am

I'm glad God protected you. I don't know your neighborhood but it probably would be best for you guys to talk instead instead of outside in the parking lot late at night. Wink

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart..." Isaiah 40:11
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:00 pm

yeah, tonight after work, its scrapbooking night, and its all gonna be inside..never again will we be outside like that again.
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken-Life on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:43 pm

praise the lord that you were kept safe along with your friend hun, keeping you all in my prayers xxxxx

Broken-Life
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:44 am

thanks girl
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down