It is COLD!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It is COLD!

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:57 am

Being a girl of the south in the United States... I'm not used to it being really cold. Where I grew up, the coldest it ever really got was hardly ever below 30 degrees. We were lucky to get snow once every four years! Last Winter, we got 8 inches of snow over night, and we were all jumping out of our skin in excitement! But, the snow was melted in less than 24 hours. So, we never had to learn to function with it.

When I moved to the western part of my state last year for college, I was in the mountains, therefore it was a lot colder. I woke up to go to school one morning and it was 18 degrees. That is the coldest temperature my body has ever experienced.

Now, I am back in the mountains, and I feel I am going to freeze to death. It's 35 degrees! And we don't have heat. And it's colder inside than the 35 outside. And I'm not quite sure how to function in the cold. I'm wearing leggings, pajama pants, and sweat pants over that. A shirt, a long sleeved shirt, a sweatshirt, and a hoodie over that. Gloves, scarf, hat. Socks, slipper boots.... and I am still on the verge of feeling like death from the cold.

I never really thought about what people had to go through up North who practically live like this most of the year. And I am sorry. We should all move to the Bahamas and celebrate the warmth!

Last edited by Isaiah53:5 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: It is COLD!

Post by AshleighJoy on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:49 am

I am in Canada it's not cold all the time but when it is it sucks haha!
AshleighJoy
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:09 pm

I have lived in the North my entire life. I just learned that if I tell myself I'm not cold, then I won't be cold. it is a mind over matter thing. I've been in -30 weather before, and it doesn't phase me a bit. Very Happy

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:13 pm

I've been a weee bit chilly myself (especcially in the mornings)!!! Let's all go to the Bahama's TOGETHER! Wink j/k of course.

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart..." Isaiah 40:11
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenna09 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:33 pm

I live in St. Louis and the weather is seriously bi-polar. It was freezing all week. Like 35-40 degrees. And today the high is almost 80..lol. I remember one time it snowed and the temps were in the 30s and the next day it was almost 75. It was in February a few years ago I think.
Jenna09
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:45 pm

STEPH! We totally should go to the Bahamas!

Next Fall I'm actually planning to take a cruise to the Bahamas. It's mega cheap during the off season, and it's still warm.

And I understand, Jenna.

The weather is Bipolar everywhere I've lived, as well.

I have my air conditioning on now.

And this morning I was complaining I was going to freeze to death!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenna09 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:36 pm

I would love to go to the Bahamas..lol. We were almost going to for a mission trip this summer..but we're not anymore...

I know someone from the Bahamas!!! afro <---He kinda looks like that guy. And his accent is amazing
Jenna09
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:40 pm

Okay, so it probably won't work as well on this board as in person, since there are indeed people from England.

BUT, if you fake a British accent and say "beer can," it sounds like "bacon" in a Jamaican accent!

AND, a great way to sound like an Australasian... say "Good eye mite."

Oh, what Americans do when they're bored....

ANNND, I say everyone from the board take a wonderful cruise to the Bahamas. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:50 am

i dont have to fake a british accent! Smile lol

Lizzie
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:51 am

and sorry guys.. i love COLD COLD weather!!!
Lizzie
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:51 pm

Kudos to you girl!

I like my warmth on my beach.

I'll even take my warmth if I'm never to a river or lake.

Warm/hot weather + body of water = Kerry's happy place

Cold... eh... if I had heat inside and proper clothing for outside, I'd like it. But, since I've never had to endure cold weather, I have about three long sleeve shirts. =\

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:23 pm

Lizzie wrote:i dont have to fake a british accent! Smile lol

lies! I skype with you all the time and you so do have a british accent!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie on Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:24 pm

it could be alot worse katie
Lizzie
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down