Events and Contests

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Events and Contests

Post by Steph on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Hey girls,
Restored by Love Ministrieswill be having a contest every month in which the winner can win bibles, books, CD's, ect. Dawn and I will be judging the entries. You must be a member of the forums to participate. A winner will be announced at the end of each month at which point I will be contacting you for your information so I can send you your prize. The contests are just fun and creative ways in which you can share your story, study God's Word and then get some awesome resources to help you in your freedom journey. All for FREE! The contest for the month will be posted under this thread/topic at the beginning of each month. I will also let you know what the prize will be ahead of time. Sooooooo......

August 2010 Contest

The first person to get me the correct answers to these 10 questions will win this months contest.

Hint: All scripture verses are taken from the NASB.
1. What prophet said, “Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son?” Include the verse where it is found.
2. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, but fools despise what? Include the scripture reference of this verse.
3. In which gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John) did Jesus state that he is the “Bread of Life”? Include the verse where it states this (Hint: there are a couple to choose from).
4. In what book can we read of David and Goliath? Name a specific chapter.
5. How many minor prophets are there in the Old Testament?
6. How did Jesus say we should worship God when talking to the woman at the well? Include the scripture reference.
7. Who said “To obey is better than sacrifice”? Include the scripture reference.
8. According to the book of James, what should we do when we fall into trials and temptation? Include the scripture reference.
9. What are the wages of sin? Include the scripture reference.
10. Ruth appears in the book of Ruth and also in one other book. Which one?

If your answers aren't correct I will let you know so that you can try again if no one else has beat you to the answers first. Deadline for entries is Aug. 29, 2010. Please send entries to sdbgirls@yahoo.com.

Prize: The book "Promises for Me (A Devotional Journal)" or a NIV bible. You choose!

DISCLAIMER: When thinking about holding contests, I struggled a bit with having to ask the winners for their addresses as I don't want ya'll to get in the habit of giving your address out to people over the internet. I think by now most of you realize this ministry is not one that goes fishing for info. and is a safe family friendly ministry. If you aren't comfortable with giving me your address you can still participate but I'll be unable to send you a prize and the prize will go to the 1st or 2nd runner up. If you are a winner and feel more comfortable with me calling you to get your address, I'm willing to do that as well. If you choose not to participate in this contest that is also fine. On occasion winners essays will be featured in our season newsletter. You will always be notified if we would like to use your essay in the newsletter.

Last edited by Steph on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

October's contest!!!

Post by Steph on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:28 pm

Speak Don't Bleed will be having a contest every month in which the winner can win bibles, books, CD's, ect. Dawn and I will be judging the entries. You must be a member of the forums to participate. A winner will be announced at the end of each month at which point I will be contacting you for your information so I can send you your prize. The contests are just fun and creative ways in which you can share your story, study God's Word and then get some awesome resources to help you in your freedom journey. All for FREE! The contest for the month will be posted under this thread/topic at the beginning of each month. I will also let you know what the prize will be ahead of time. Sooooooo......

October 2010 Contest

Participants will write an essay answering the question, "How can God use me to make a difference in my family, friends and community? What specifically can I do to use the talents and gifts God has given me to show the love of Christ to those around me?" Be creative with this one! And don't just write the essay but commit to carrying out your ideas and thoughts and sharing the love of Christ with those around you!

Deadline for entries is Oct. 25, 2010. Please send entries to sdbgirls@yahoo.com.

Prize: Natalie Grant "Relentless" CD or the devotional entitled "Her Devotional: Real Questions...Real Answers". You choose!

DISCLAIMER: When thinking about holding contests, I struggled a bit with having to ask the winners for their addresses as I don't want ya'll to get in the habit of giving your address out to people over the internet. I think by now most of you realize this ministry is not one that goes fishing for info. and is a safe family friendly ministry. If you aren't comfortable with giving me your address you can still participate but I'll be unable to send you a prize and the prize will go to the 1st or 2nd runner up. If you are a winner and feel more comfortable with me calling you to get your address, I'm willing to do that as well. If you choose not to participate in this contest that is also fine. On occasion winners essays will be featured in our season newsletter. You will always be notified if we would like to use your essay in the newsletter.

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart..." Isaiah 40:11
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Events and Contests

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Soooo, did anyone do the contest this month?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Nope! No takers this month. We will not have another contest until January since the holidays are coming up and I'm sure you girls are going to be busy little beavers! Smile

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart..." Isaiah 40:11
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleighJoy on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Man I would have done it but I have already won two and feel bad lol!
AshleighJoy
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Events and Contests

Post by Steph on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm

What is Unplugged you ask? It is a time where we choose to turn off the TV, computer, cell phones and focus on God. So I challenge you to turn off the TV, the computer (facebook, etc.), and/or your cell phone (texting, etc.) for two days with a specific purpose to focus our efforts on growing in our relationship with God and serving Him. It might be a challenge for some of us to do this in our technology saturated culture, and i...t will take a deliberate choice for us to take this step in putting God first. But don't let that scare you, embrace the challenge, ask the Lord to give you a mindset of putting Him first not just for these two days but FOR LIFE! Maybe putting God first has never been even something that you've thought of, let this event propel you to do just that and see what God will do in and through you. During this challenge, I encourage you to study the book of Romans. Meditate on it, memorize it! It's the perfect replacement for all the time wasted on technology! Take the challenge! It'll do ya good!

"What does the Lord your God require from you...to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the Lord's commandments and His statues which I am commanding you today FOR YOUR GOOD." Deuteronomy 10:12

Unplugged will take place this weekend Saturday Nov. 27th-Sunday Nov. 28th. You can unplug from it all or choose what you want to unplug from. I suggest unplugging from it all!

If you want to sign up for the event on Facebook for a little extra accountability you can do so at.... http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=134753769911597

I would love to hear your stories as to what God does in our hearts and lives through this event!!!

Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top