Was I Lying....Even To Myself?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Was I Lying....Even To Myself?

Post by AshleighJoy on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:28 am

So I think I've been lying to everyone and myself. Yes, I believe in God and accept Jesus Christ as my personal saviour but, I don't think I've really been a Christian. I think I've been faking it for quite sometime. I thought it was legit but I've never heard God speak to me (that I know of) and don't even know what to listen for when I ask Him to. I don't understand any of this "Christian Walk" thing none of it is making sense to me anymore. I've heard people say they've seen a significant change in me yet they still don't let me go, there's always a hinderance in the way. Maybe they just tell me what I want to hear? Maybe I do the same, maybe I even tell myself things I want to hear? I don't know anymore.....this whole being Christian thing is kinda confusing and kinda getting old. Like I pray and stuff 'cause it's just a habit now and I read my Bible at church but, that's it. I tried doing daily devotions but didn't get anything out of it like if God really wanted us to seek after Him couldn't He help out a bit? It's not like I haven't asked for these things such as faith, desire, closer relationship with Him idk.......sorry about all this I've just been doing a lot of thinking after talking with Amy (youth leader) tonight.
AshleighJoy
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Re: Was I Lying....Even To Myself?

Post by Broken-Life on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:57 am

Praying for you sweetie. I love you and here if you ever need me. Xxxx

Broken-Life
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor2010 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:02 pm

UMMMM......wow?? i really don'y know what to say but i will pray for you hun. I have been in that situation before. This must be like really uber challenging for you. See when I entered that situation I sought out God even more. I even sat and concentrated on the silence.
Survivor2010

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleighJoy on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Thanks girls, means a lot Smile <3
AshleighJoy
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:57 am

ok welll......i have totally been in this situation before and i just prayed and i also fell away from god like i just didnt want anything to do with god i would go to church out of habit but i never listened to the preacher or anyone else for that matter but when i got pregnant everything kinda changed like for me i had to open myself up to god and let him in more and more each time i prayed i was opening myself up to him i guess by opening myself up i mean surrender and alot of times i prayed for god to just break me break my spirit and make me the way he wanted to make me im not perfect at all i still struggle everyday but i just keep praying....and the hearing god thing sometimes its hard sometimes im not sure its god "talking" to me until i go and either read the word or talk to someone else about it and then i know its a god thing.....hun when u r feeling like this maybe you should just go into a quiet room and pray and tell god how u r feeling im prayin for u sweetie!! Hang in there it gets better!! ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleighJoy on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Thanks Felicia! It's super annoying but, I'll get over it.
AshleighJoy
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:53 am

This too shall pass....leaning on god even when we dont feel like it is very hard i know....but its sooo worth it in the end love ya hun!!
Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top