Need Your Input

Go down

Need Your Input

Post by guardyan_angel on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:41 pm

Hello, hello, girls. Sorry I keep popping in and out of the blue. Life is blessedly busy and I've actually been too distracted to even think about cutting, which is always nice.

But anyways! Since EDAW (Eating Disorders Awareness Week) is going to be from February 26 til March 3 this year and as most of us well know SIAD (Self Injury Awareness Day) is on March 1, I've figured that this year, being my last year in my school (I'm graduating!) and thus my last year as part of its Peer Helper group, I'd do something to promote awareness about SI/EDs.

The thing is, I'm not sure quite how to go about this. I'm thinking a sort of "Speak Hope" campaign kind of thing where leading up to the day(s) I wear duct tape on my mouth with the word HOPE written on it and do a bit of a silence thing, and then kick off the actual days with an short announcement/explanation of why. The problem is that I'm hoping to get me fellow Peer Helper members involved, and somehow I doubt teachers will be too pleased with 40-some odd students not speaking for a few days straight.

I may be able to get some assembly time, but it'll probably be limited, so don't know what to do with that.

Anyways, what I was hoping y'all could help me with was ideas for a school-wide campaign we could do, something simple and not too costly but that would help raise awareness. Alternatively/along with that, if you have some key points about self-injury and/or eating disorders that you wish non-SI/EDers were aware about, that'd be lovely for me to know so I can plan possible speech things. Linkage to alternative sites for ideas is always welcome!

Much love and thanks in advance. Hope God is blessing all of you.
~Drea
guardyan_angel
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

http://www.guardyanangel.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Need Your Input

Post by Krystal on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:23 pm

I wish I had seen this around the time I was in my Abnormal class because our teacher gave us some real good tips for if you know that a friend is depressed or they just look like they need to talk. Sometimes SH like having a friend with them for strength. I always went alone just because I am a private person.

About having a few people not speak. Have one spokes person for each room. Like one person from each homeroom(i guess that would be the first class of the day)
Krystal
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down